Sunday, October 18, 2009

More Buffalo Bore

While in Olympia today, I decided to stop in at Cabelas and load up on another box of Buffalo Bore 158 grain .357 magnum. This stuff is phenomenal. Not only does the bullet itself look cool, but it shoots like a hopped up .38 special +P, and I can't complain about that. At self-defense distances (7 yards +-), it is reasonably accurate, and it is controllable enough for a quick followup shot.
I am also impressed by the price tag. $25 for a box of 20 cartridges is actually competitive for a company known for loading up some really kick-ass stuff. I was looking at Cor Bons and the like and for $38 a box, I'd better be shooting solid gold projectiles at the bad guy. I don't see how one can justify nearly $40 for a box of ammo, but more power to them. It leaves more of these suckers for me. Since it is a .357 magnum round, if it hits, it kills.
-James

No comments:

Post a Comment