Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This year, I am taking a minute to reflect on two very important women in my life: my mom and my wife. These two beautiful people have had a very big impact on me and helped shape who I have become as a man and husband.

Mom spent 18 years putting up with me in her house. From birth until now, she has always been there for me and has loved me unconditionally. Despite my many faults, I have no doubt there would be a lot more if Mom hadn't been there to teach me to do what's right. She taught me the value of being an honorable person and to treat women with respect. If I had the words to describe how fortunate I am to have my mother, I would express them without hesitation. But there are no words to convey that would come close to describing the positive impact she has had on me in my life. She is a wonderful person. I love you Mom.

Lindsay came into my life about 7 years ago. Since then, we have been married and have had two children. Our first child, Michael, arrived almost two years ago, and our second, Rory, arrived just a few months ago. Lindsay is a great mother. She continually demonstrates a motherly instinct that I can't begin to comprehend, nor would I try. Lindsay prepared me for fatherhood by being an example to follow. She loves our babies without question and would do anything for them. Lindsay has shown me the true meaning of through her actions and her words. She cares deeply for this family and exhibits a lot of patience when dealing with me. I can't ask for anything more because my wife has done so much to be the fantastic wife, mother, and person that she is. I love you Lindsay.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

-James

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet James.
    :D
    Lindsay and your mom are fortunate to have a husband/son who is willing to share those feelings openly and on the internet for all to see.
    And I agree, your mom is awesome and Lindsay is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete