Thursday, June 17, 2010

SR9c... Ordered.


My order is in.  I decided that after I dropped off my LCP at the UPS hub, I'd stop by the gun shop and drop off some money for the Ruger SR9c.  I finally decided on the color I wanted too.  If you haven't already guessed, I opted for the black alloy instead of the brushed stainless gun.  I chose black for two reasons: 1, black is stealthy. 2, the black one will match my other blackened SR9.  Besides, after looking at my other guns, I also decided I need another black gun in the corral because black is evil and when it comes to guns, I'm a huge fan of evil.

This gun will be a concealed carry weapon.  This one won't be a safe queen like some of my others.  This gun will fill the gap between my Ruger LCP and my Ruger SP-101.  With that in mind, I began researching holsters for it.  It didn't take long for me to find my way to the website for Crossbreed holsters and the Supertuck Deluxe.  It also didn't take me long to decide that for IWB carry, this is the holster I'll be getting for my SR9c.  Since I was there, and thinking about it, I sent an email to CB Holsters asking if the full size SR9 and the smaller SR9c would fit the same holster.  I didn't see any reason why not.  The SR9c is basically a full size SR9 that has been bobbed in a couple places.  Well, within a day, I received a reply back stating that the SR9c and the SR9 indeed fit in the same holster.  Dude!!!  That's like getting a two-for-one deal on holsters! 

The only other thing I'm considering is an OWB holster for the SR9c.  Again, I have found fortune in the Mitch Rosen leather holster, made specifically for Ruger.  Like the Crossbreed, it will fit both the SR9 and SR9c.  The Mitch Rosen leather holster is dyed Cuban brown and it will fit my 1.5" leather belt perfectly.  It even has the Ruger logo stamped on it.  Both holsters should do well in giving me plenty of concealed carry options for the SR9c and even the SR9 on occasion.

The only thing that sucks is that the gun shop I ordered from won't have them available until the end of July.  Yeah, that's a long time, I know.  But I have enjoyed good luck from these people and have spent a lot of money there.  They all know me by name and all take the time to BS with me about this and that.  Besides, I called a bunch of other places and the people were either rude, unable to tell me anything, didn't know what the SR9c was, or didn't want to place an order until later anyway.  So screw it.  Now, I just have to sit and wait for my gun to come in and when the call comes, I'll be down there faster than two jiggles of a jack rabbit's ass to pick up my new toy.

-James 

No comments:

Post a Comment