Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Um, DO WANT!!!

Rossi Ranch Hand Pistol!

You know, there aren't many firearms that get me so excited that I can hardly contain myself.  Yeah, sure, there are guns out there that I really like and that I really look forward to owning at some point in the future, but there aren't many that really get me salivating like the one pictured above: The Rossi Ranch Hand pistol!

This bad mother is just what the gun doctor ordered!  With an overall length of 24 inches, it has a 12" barrel, and the butt stock has been hacked off just after it flares from the straight grip, and is capped off with a metal butt plate.  It's reminiscent of Steve McQueen's "mare's leg "gun carried in the 50's t.v. series "Wanted: Dead or Alive" in which Mcqueen played a bounty hunter named Josh Randall.  Yeah, this is good stuff! 

Based on a Winchester model 92 rifle, this concoction has been hacked down in all the right places to make it interesting, menacing, and neato all in the same package.  It's a pistol because of the short barrel it's lacking of a real butt stock.  Coming in at just 4 lbs, it is one nasty little... uh, hand cannon.

Rossi has chambered this gun in a variety of calibers which include .357 Mag./.38 Spl., .44 Mag./.44 Spl., and .45 Colt.  Nevermind those larger calibers.  What I'm interested in is the .357 Magnum offering.  You send a nice heavy 180 grain .357 bullet down a 12" barrel, and whatever is on the receiving end is in for a big surprise.  Of course, the bigger boy calibers are impressive too, but I have my priorities.

I really like this gun.  I will own this gun.  Make no mistake about it.  I have been searching high and low for a gun suitable for hiking trips, strapped to a backpack, or just a campsite gun to keep in the tent.  Besides, there is the cool factor.  Look at the extra large lever loop and the menacingly short barrel!  Do you know anyone that owns a gun like this?  I didn't think so.  Yeah, I've got a Marlin 1895 lever gun, chambered in .45-70 govt, but even it can't compare to the audacity of badassdom of this unique little gun.  This boy is in a class of it's own, and I want to make it a part of my collection!

-James

4 comments:

  1. I want one also. I read post somewhere this morning that it is in production and won't be out until the 3rd quarter of this year. The guy called the parent company of Taurus and Rossi and he also said they were wanting to make the holster. The problem was that it was going to be very expensive to make it, they were looking to someone else to make the holster cheaper. I wonder if it will be hard to get one of these 357 models? If you look around the web a lot of people are wanting this "pistol".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling this will be one hot ticket. It is priced right and will be very practical as a survival "pistol". It weighs half as much as my 1895.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I have to get that!

    ReplyDelete