Saturday, July 3, 2010

ARvolution

Lindsay told me I ought to rename this blog to reflect the fact that I post nothing but entries that relate to firearms. But since my mind won't stop, and it is always thinking, it's normally thinking about guns, so there!

Today, I sold a few things in the house and made way for an enhancement to my AR15; a Daniel's Defense Omega rail. I really love the look of AR15's with quad rails on them, and I especially like the DD rail because it went on in shorter time than it would have taken me to drop the kids off at the pool, if you know what I mean.

The rail starts this show because anyone who wants to mount a flashlight or a grip on the gun needs a rail of some kind to mount it to.  Considering this gun won't be complete until a few extra goodies are hung from it, I figured I'd get the ball rolling.

Where does it end?  Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to that question, but I'm willing to see where it goes.  Many AR15's I've seen have thousands invested in them.  I'm beginning to think that my Plain Jane evil black rifle is going to go way over budget.
 
I had foregone the optics for now because I want to feel out the market and see what my options are.  There are far more optic options than rail options.  The same goes for weapon lights and other accessories like furniture and such. 
 
I'm happy with the stock on mine.  I've always liked the look of the CAR15 stock, and it is collapsible.  This makes it very easy to go from me to my wife to my son (when he's old enough) and anyone in between who wants to shoot it when its out. 
 
It just seems to me that AR15's start to sprout offspring.  What I need to get is a good hard case for it to protect it and all the crap that is soon to come.  As I grow into this rifle, I'm sure it will grow as well.  There's always the option of a longer upper half to go with the short one, or perhaps night vision?  Okay, well maybe not night vision... yet.
 
The goal now is to source a good optic for it and a good mount.  I've been looking into the CompM2 and M3, which would do well for me.  There are so many others out there, though, and I want a chance to look at all of them before I start putting my money where my muzzle is.
 
Till next time.
 
-James

No comments:

Post a Comment