Friday, October 8, 2010

Hello? What Do We Have Here?

This afternoon, I went out to check the mail and a padded manila envelope was sitting between the front door and the screen door.  I picked it up and the return address was for Crossbreed Holsters.  Oh boy!  I know what this is!  It's my new Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe inside-the-waistband holster for my Ruger SR9c

Of course, everything had to grind to a halt while I pulled this little gem out of the package to look at.  Of course. I only let it stay this way just long enough to snap a picture of it with the SR9c holstered in it.  Then I went to the bedroom to put it on.  Finally!  My SR9c has a proper home.

These holsters have a bit of a break-in period, as they are made of high grade leather - and this particular model is made of ultra strong horsehide leather.  This holster is already familiar to me because of my experience with my Minituck holster.  Be that as it may, it's still larger than my mini.  Even though I'm now carrying a gun with nearly three times the weight of the Ruger LCP in a holster that is considerably larger, it is still completely comfortable.  Additionally, this new holster holds the gun extremely close to my body, so I can still get away with wearing just a t-shirt and not print the weapon against it.  Awesome! 

I look forward to many many years of service from this holster!

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment