Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Century Club Challenge

For 2011, I have a lot of agenda items that I want to address; things like beginning reloading, bulking up food storage, updating camping gear, and storing away more ammo just to name a few.  However, all of these pale in comparison to the single most important agenda item on my 2011 list of things to do: The Century Club Challenge.  What is The Century Club Challenge, you ask?  It's a club that my friend Amy and I came up with for losing 100 lbs in one year.

How's it work?

It's simple.  Lose 100 lbs in 2011 and you will be rewarded with something expensive that your spouse will buy for you.  It is a motivational club dedicated for getting us fat kids to lose weight with the prospect of obtaining something we really really want, but wouldn't normally be able to get.  It's sort of like hanging a carrot on a string in front of a turtle to make it walk the direction you want.  When all else fails to motivate this chubby hubby to lose weight, dangle something I really want in front of me.  In this case, a really nice and very expensive, not entirely practical, but equally cool firearm.

The rules are simple, and there aren't that many.

1. Weigh in on January 1, 2011.  This is your start weight.
2. Lose 100 lbs throughout the year of 2011.  How you choose is up to you, but surgery doesn't count.
3. If by January 1, 2012, you have lost 100 lbs, you get your reward.  If you do not succeed, you don't get your reward.

Losing 100 lbs in one year is a tall order.  It will be very difficult to do so and a lot of motivation, fortitude, perserverance, determination, patience, discipline, healthy eating habits, and exercise are the only ways to achieve this huge goal.  But consider this is called THE CENTURY CLUB CHALLENGE.  We wouldn't call it a challenge if it was going to be easy.  It is supposed to be hard and seemingly insurmountable.  Otherwise, what is the point?  Go big or go home!  I've never aimed for a goal I could easily reach.  I've always aimed high.  I'd rather aim high and miss by a margin than aim low and hit everytime.

My friend Amy and I are already on board.  If anyone wants to join us, let us know and we will include your stake in the running for the big prize.  Remember, you have to lose 100 lbs in one year.  No cheating.

Good luck!

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment