Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ruger SR9 Dropped in the Mud



First, before you think to yourself, "this guy must be insane," allow me to explain.

This idea came about from reading some bad press about the Ruger SR9 in the forums and some websites. There was a video or two about the Ruger SR9 not being able to function properly in the real world, and would malfunction. The videos I watched were not cut and dry and showed a lot of operator error, which was probably the cause of every malfunction. To that end, I decided that I'd find a nice raining day in which to drop my SR9 in the mud and fire it without so much as wiping it off. This video shows a Ruger SR9 with the slide locked open, dropped into a mud puddle with a magazine (loaded with 10 rounds) dropped in right after. As you can see in the video, the only thing I did to the gun after I picked it up was shake it off a bit before loading the filthy magazine in and firing all the catridges without a single hiccup. Think a little dust can stop a SR9? Try mud!

Oh yeah, the woman screaming at me was my wife, who was none too happy about me dropping my gun into the mud like that. If you listen closely, you can hear her say, "If you have to spend a dollar to make that thing work again, you're sleeping outside."

Looks like I'm sleeping inside tonight.

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment