Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ruger LC9 - Ignited!


I've been waiting with baited breath for this thing to be released.  Now, after being available to the public for a week and a half, I received word today that my favorite gun shop will be getting a sizable order of these guns in a couple of weeks - and they have priced them to move!

Initial reports have come in with real world prices and they have been as expected - almost $400 in many cases.  That's too much for this gun.  For $400, I can buy a full size Ruger SR9!  I was content to just wait until the hype died down a bit, but reports indicate that this gun is going to be as hot (if not hotter) as the LCP.  That has had me worried for some time now.  In order for a $400 LC9 to compete, Ruger would have to raise prices on the SR series of guns, and that's bad juju! 

I just saw an advanced order for the new LC9 today.  The cash price is $335 before tax!  Now, that's the perfect price for this much gun!  I am going to wait a couple weeks and then give the gunshop a call to see if they have any in stock.  If they do, I'm going to be down there in a hot minute to check one out.  If I likey, we might just have to make a deal!

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment