Sunday, May 1, 2011

Aquamira Water Bottle Filtration - Followup

A few blog entries ago, I spoke to the benefits of water filtration.  Since that time, I really haven't had much of a chance to get outside with my new filter bottle, so I decided to break this dude in on the hike that my family and I went on today. 

Well, it was warm outside, and even though we were in the Cascade foothills, there was still snow up in the area we hiked at, and the sun was warming it all up very nicely.  I wanted something cold to drink, but all the water in our water bottles was starting to get warm, so out came the Aquamira filtered bottle.

The key to getting water from an outdoor source, such as the one in the photo above, is to find water that is moving.  You don't want water that has been sitting around in a pool getting stagnant.  Even though you can't see that well in the photo above, the water there was moving quite fast.  Running water tends to be cleaner than standing water and there is less chance of getting contaminants in the filter.  Besides, a lot of this is snow run-off so on top of being crystal clear, it was COLD!

Well, I can tell you that the water filter worked great.  The water tasted decent; and having a splash of cold water sure rose my morale level as well as Lindsay's.  I didn't try out the water without filtering, so I don't have a comparison.  In the past, I've had to drink water from questionable sources.  I can tell you from those experiences that unfiltered water, even clean appearing running water, tastes like dirt.  The water filtered through my Aquamira filter tasted like water.  That's as solid an endorsement of a product as you can get.  It works.

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment