Sunday, July 3, 2011

LC9's Turn


After giving the LCP a facelift, my Ruger LC9 was starting to feel a little left out and wanted to join the party.  This barrel was not as easy or fast to complete as the LCP, but the end result is awesome.  Neither of these guns looked especially nice with the blackened blued steel barrel lugs because during use, they get scuffed up and start to look worn.  This process of removing the bluing and scuffing it out bright gives the otherwise boring LC9 a bit of flare.  If you look closely, you can see that I scuffed the muzzle end of the gun to contrast it against the slide and add a subtle touch of custom to it.  Not too bad for a half hour's worth of scuffing and sanding. 

-James

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, but being a lazy type with no motor tool I will likely leave my new LC9 stock. I do like it a bunch though and have found that the LCP gets very little carry time now.

    ReplyDelete